Achieving a quality, equitable & sustainable health system.
About the Health Council
Formed in 2006 through the Bermuda Health Council Act 2004, the Health Council enhances and coordinates the delivery of healthcare services. We are a regulatory body, ensuring health system sustainability by:
- Monitoring health finance and expenditure
- Increasing cost effectiveness
- Ensuring that employers provide health insurance for their employees
- Registering health facilities
- Licensing health insurers
- Collaborating with stakeholders
- Addressing complaints and queries
- Facilitating new health system infrastructure
Health Services Survey
Click here for survey
What health services are most important to you? Which health services do you think need to be covered by health insurance?
Standard Health Benefit and Standard Premium Rate
The Standard Health Benefit (SHB) are the services mandated to be included in every health insurance policy. The Standard Premium Rate (SPR) is the cost of SHB plus the Mutual Reinsurance Fund (MRF).
Patient Safety Guidance
Patient safety guidance protects the public from avoidable harms by enhancing oversight of health facilities.
Sign Up to Receive Health System Information
If you would like to receive bi-weekly SnapFacts, information on forums and discussions, as well as other important health announcements, sign up below!