Our Purpose & Functions
Formed in 2006 through the Bermuda Health Council Act 2004, the Health Council enhances and coordinates the delivery of healthcare services. We are a regulatory body, ensuring health system sustainability by:
- Monitoring health finance and expenditure
- Increasing cost effectiveness
- Ensuring that employers provide health insurance for their employees
- Registering health facilities
- Licensing health insurers
- Collaborating with stakeholders
- Addressing complaints and queries
- Facilitating new health system infrastructure
To regulate, coordinate and enhance the delivery of health services.
Care quality and standards: Collaborating with all whom have a vested interested in our health system to encourage best practice when delivering care.
Finance and economics: Monitoring resources available for improving the health system and the health of the population.
Accountability: Being transparent with the public about what we do and how we do it.
Regulation: Ensuring all organizations and services that influence our health are operating according to the law.