If you fall into any of the below categories, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with copies of paystubs, medical bills, employment contracts and any additional evidence that will help in our investigations. We recommend documenting all communication in writing. Please note that investigating these issues can sometimes be a long process. It can take a few months to be reimbursed for deductions and outstanding medical bills.
Do You Need Health Insurance?
If you are an employee who works less than 15hrs per week, less than 2 months in a year or you are student, you are exempted, thus your employer is not required to provide you with health insurance coverage.
If you are an employee who is not exempt from health insurance coverage, we can help you to obtain coverage. We can also help if you have had deductions from your paycheck that were not applied to health insurance and if you have outstanding medical bills that should’ve been covered.
We can help you if:
- We will confirm with the insurers that you do not have an active policy.
- You will need to provide the Health Council with paystubs or an employment contract showing that you have been working for more than 15 hours per week and two months out of the year.
- We will contact the employer to inform them they must enact a health insurance policy immediately.
- We will confirm with the insurers that you do not have an active policy and/or confirm a time period of inactivity.
- We will need copies of your paystubs showing the deductions for health insurance.
- We will contact the employer and ask them to reimburse deductions that were not applied to health insurance.
- We will confirm with the insurers that you did not have an active policy.
- We will need copies of your medical bills that were not covered.
- We will contact the organisation responsible for covering the medical bill and ask them to cover it.